Monday, November 7, 2016

Breaking Promises

As you and I walked to the car today and you held your dolls in your hands (because lord forbid you leave the house without them) it got me thinking. There was a time that I vowed never to have children (sorry baby) lol.

But look at us now. Here I am, I consider myself the luckiest man alive simply because you chose me to be your father. You're the most beautiful little girl in the world. And even when I'm trying to be upset and discipline you or scold you I can't help but hide my face from you, so that you won't see that I'm desperately trying to hold in a very big laugh! Lol. You're such a funny baby. 

And once I found out your mommy was pregnant with you, I remember thinking "Oh man, I'm not gonna spoil this kid, she's gonna be disciplined like military personnel! PAH! Yeah right. I mean I know once you start getting older I'll become more stern but right now!? You've got me wrapped around your tiny little pinky finger. For what it's worth, I do try. But there's times I let you have your way simply so I don't have to hear you cry. 
I mean let's be real, mommy is better at being the bad cop anyway! Lolol. 

Anyway, the point of all this is: life will make you break your promises. I already broke the biggest one when I smiled after being told I'd be a dad! But I'll make one promise that I'll never break, I promise you to always be the best father any little girl has ever had. Love you baby.

FFZ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment