Sunday, February 8, 2015

24 Hour Father. Baby and Daddy Time

Feb. 3rd

Hey baby. Remember when I told you to respect your mother!? Well I told you that because I know (like by now I know you know) that it's because of everything a mommy goes through on a day to day basis. 

Today I decided to play hookie from work. (It was Mommy's idea -- and because I let her peer pressure me into calling out of work,(something I never allow to happen) I'll give you one free cut day when you get to High School.) but calling out proved to be the best thing that could have happened cause mommy got sick, literally over night. 
So it was daddy to the rescue. Neither one of us wanted her to get you sick so rather than hanging out with my girls it was just me and you! For the first time since you've been here you were solely my responsibility. I had to feed you, change you, burp you, clean you, etc. And repeat. Lol

I'd be lying to you if I said I kept a smile on my face the entire day because there was about 5% there when you would not stop crying and I had no clue what it could possibly be that had you upset. 
See this is what mommy goes through on a regular basis. And I know that but to experience it is a completely different ball game. One I regretfully admit I wasn't fully ready for. The whole difference between learned knowledge and applied knowledge thing. This is why I make it my business to come straight home from work. This is why my weekends are no longer spent with friends or even family but rather dedicated to you and mommy. This is why it's been hard to convince me to hang out frivolously in the last month. It's because I know all that mommy is going through while she is home with you while daddy is at work and so I want to to do the best I can to relieve her from her duties whenever I can.

Feb. 8th

Yesterday mommy took time for herself. I was so happy she did too, because it seems like she hasn't wanted to have some for quite some time. 
So while she went to get her hair and nails done it was Zairah and daddy time again!! I'd like to think I did better yesterday than I did the first day. In becoming more and more comfortable with watching you without the warden..... I mean mommy being around Lolol. She wasn't gone long but it was all okay cause it's not really rocket science figuring you out. 
I fed you a few times, changed you and let you take your nap which is time I took to nap myself and I even managed to squeeze in some Grand Theft Auto V! Yeah boy! While you were asleep I put a few heads to bed!! Lolol. 

Last night we took you to your first party! Your aunties baby shower. You slept through the whole thing. Which really doesn't surprise me whatsoever. You're real rude in that sense. Lol. You could be up all day and as SOON as people come around its nap time for you. Your ain't Claudia real wasn't happy with the fact that you slept the whole time she had you! Lolol

And now this morning here we are again. Daddy and Zairah on another world wind adventure. (We should get our own 'TailSpin' style cartoon! -- TailSpin is way way waaaaay before your time so I don't expect you to understand.) Mommy went to meet up with her friend Eli from work. It's been close to 2 months since she's had the chance to hang out so you and I are really happy she's gettin out a little. Now let's pray she brings us home some good food. 
You're asleep which gives me a few minutes to tend to Juno but you'll be up with a vengeance soon screaming from hunger! Lolol. 

But overall I'm just super happy that mommy is getting some free time and that you and I are hanging out more. Can't wait til you can speak and we can do this on a more 2 way basis!!  Lol


Love you baby! 

FFZ. 
P.S. Here's a pic of us at the baby shower last night. Your aunt Pia took it! She's a better photographer than I am for the beauty that she captures!!


P.S.S.
Dear God,
Thanks a million times over for both blessing me with and making me the head of this beautiful family!




No comments:

Post a Comment