Thursday, August 6, 2015

Your First Weekend Getaway

Your First Weekend

Hey baby!!
This was a big weekend of first for you.
This was the weekend that mommies family was having their family reunion in Alabama.
We left for the La Guardia on Thursday morning and arrived just in time to be told that we were running late. Lol. Black people. You'll figure that out on your own.

The flight was short and sweet. I said a very detailed prayer, praying and hoping that you would be ok in the air. That you wouldn't get nervous that your ears wouldn't pop and make you uncomfortable that you wouldn't realize that we were 30 thousand feet in the air and lose your mind. Lol. Basically I was more worried than you were. Lol. You never made a sound. By the time the plane took off you were already asleep in my arms. You woke up some time around the middle of the flight when the flight attendant was giving out peanuts and drinks. Even then you were calm, cool and a G as always! Lol

About an hour (2 hours after take off) and a bottle later you were asleep again. I usually sleep on flights myself but being so worried about you kept me up. It was time to land. I took you from mommies arms put you in mine and we landed safely in Birmingham Alabama. I guess for you it was just a big fast car ride.

First order of business Chick-Fil-A!! We don't get it in Nee York so whenever I leave town I make it my business to get that good Ol chicken sandwich. When your old enough to eat I'll get you one.

It was time to get going and going we did. We went to uncle Rallace's beautiful house. Where we met up with all your cousins, aunts and uncles and waited a while before your grandpa showed up.
You were introduced to southern hospitality for the first time. It's freaking awesome! Lol

Chapter 2
When bedtime got closer we all figured out where we would be staying and you, mommy and myself got to stay over at cousin Tamikia's house. Say thank you cousin Tamikia!

You slept like a baby. And I did too. I don't know if it was Jetlag or what but lord knows I opened my eyes the time read 5:40 and I felt as if I had slept a whole week! Lol. I went back to sleep to be well rested enough for your wake up. When you did you were in full gear. Lol.

We got ready after mommy took her 3 hour shower and all headed back up the road to uncle Rallace's house for some breakfast. After that we played the waiting game til it was time to get on the road for the hotel.

Chapter 3
We arrived to the hotel (a little late) for the meet and greet portion of the weekend. We met up with more aunts uncles and cousins and all that good stuff. (Hope you can keep up baby girl because your family is huge on both sides) by the time bedtime came you were screaming for dear life. Which obviously is not like you. We couldn't figure it out but we made it through the scream storm! God is good. We know why you were screaming but it wouldn't be til the next day that we'd figure it out.

The next morning we relaxed a little before breakfast. When we did come down you were asleep and I tried to enjoy a Belgian waffle. It was good even though the eggs and bacon were real bad. Lol. No disrespect to the hotel. But they were bad!

We went back upstairs and got ready for another road trip to the park where the reunion was taking place. You were a hit as always. Lol. This time the food was good!! Lol. Guess what happened while we were there!? Or at least we think it happened in that time. YOUR TOOTH CAME IN!!!
Funny being a dad. Your tooth coming in was just nature taking its course, but I was still proud of you as if it was something you accomplished in your own. This explains why you were screaming uncontrollably the night before. That tooth must have been busting out of the gum! Glad it made it out!

Part 2 will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment