Sunday, November 16, 2014

For Mommy

ey baby Girl. 

So by now you know what this is. I take time out every Sunday to make sure I write a few words expressing to you how I feel about you so that some day you can read it back to me and we can both enjoy a trip down memory lane. 

However this week I wanna take a minute to honor someone else. 
With baby fever, so often Mommy's and daddy's are forgotten. I mean, to be honest with you grandma forgot about me ever since she met your mommy. She calls me to ask me "Where's Antoinette?" And keep in mind they have each other's numbers. Lol. 

No but today I wanna take this time out to tell your mommy how I feel about her and our new bundle of joy on its way. 

Babe, these passed months since I've known you have been the happiest of my life. You are both a great friend and at times a worthy adversary but never my enemy. Sometimes I still can't believe that we are just a few weeks away from meeting the person that we will love the most of all the people on this earth; Our first child. A title baby girl that we will call our own. 

I can't find any words to say bigger or stronger than THANK YOU! Wether you realize it or not (and even I hadn't realized it until you told me you were pregnant) you are giving me the greatest gift that I've ever received in all my years on this planet. You are giving me the gift, the blessing of fatherhood. You and the pending life in your womb are both living proof that I do not have to die to get to heaven. 
In just a few weeks I will be the head of a family. A concept that both frightens me and excites me. But all in all I owe you great amounts of gratitude for choosing to be the mother of my first child. Thanks so much baby.

You've taught me the meaning of true love and now together we will learn how to be parents. How to raise a life into adulthood and together we will experience a happiness that we've never known. I don't know about you, but I'm excited. I I can't wait for Sunday's to take the baby on random field trips or just to hang out as a family and watch movies or whatever it is we'll choose to do. Can't wait til the day you have to tell Zairah "Wait til you're daddy gets home" which honestly babe o have nothing prepared for that aspect of being s dad. I will not hit her and I'm probably gonna find what she did kind of funny because she's not gonna be a bad kid. Lolol. 

No but seriously, this post is just to remind you for the millionth time how much I love you. And to tell you, I didn't think that it was possible but now, as you carry Zairah for us I love you even more. You are my first, baby no matter what. 

Love you. 

FFZ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment