Sunday, September 7, 2014

We're Expecting!

5/8/2014

We're Expecting

Funny how life works ain't it. Please excuse the cliche, but I guess what makes something a cliche is the fact that it's true.

Just a week ago, I hopped into your mommy's car as she waited for me outside of work. Her skin was glowing and there was a twinkle in her eye that accompanied her smile. To me these signs were all normal, so I didn't think anything of em. But this day she had a colorful bag that awaited me by my feet on the floor of the car.

"Hi babe" I said to her before giving her a kiss and telling her I thought her hair looked nice. You know chicks dig compliments. Lol. She looked at me with her smile and said "Really!? It's a mess! Look, I got you your mask" I'd asked her to get me one of those snout covers that construction workers wear because I work near garbage at work and the smell becomes unbearable at times. "Thanks babe!" I said to her and put the bag, which seemed to have a baby toy in it back down. In my head I thought. "Well the toy can't be for me" so I discarded the rest of the contents. So your mommy tells me "babe, look at the bag it's for you!" Again discarding the plush baby toy as if it weren't  even there I drew a blank. But then it instantly hit me. "YOU PREGNANT!?" I asked in nervous excitement. She laughed and said "keep looking." Under the plush toy, (which is really what you would hang off the handle of a car seat) was a golden card and a used pregnancy test! The card read, 'In case you couldn't tell, we're expecting..... Lot you babe'

You didn't read that wrong nor did I write it wrong. Lol she was so excited that she forgot how to spell 'love.'

I looked at the card, looked at the pregnancy test that read 'Pregnant 2-3 weeks' then looked back at her and asked "YOU PREGNANT!?" Ha! I was stuck on stupid. A few other words that I can't remember were exchanged and I gave her a big hug and a kiss. The excitement came off as and maybe was severe nervousness. But words cannot begin to explain the excitement I felt knowing that I am expecting the birth of my first child!

The drive home was the same as usual, except I was a bit more quiet than usual. I was in a state of shock, in auto pilot like Adam Sandler in the movie 'Click.' Although I do remember her telling me that she told your aunt Claudia. Claudia was super excited to know that she was gonna be an auntie.

Since then not much has changed other than the fact that I see children different. Knowing me is knowing that I've always had a deep disappreciation for children. Crying babies, snot nosed kids, kids that stepped on my sneakers or those kids that sit in the booth behind you at restaurants and feel the deepest need to stand on their chair and watch you while you eat. Lol. Literally none of that bothers me anymore.

Every single moment of idle time is spent thinking about my beautiful pregnant girlfriend and the undoubtedly beautiful child she's carrying in her womb!

FFZ.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww!! Love it!!! You guys are going to be awesome parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE this!!! Salute to you E, for being such a proud father-to-be and for keeping my preggo friend happy. She's been glowing since she met you! Much love & respect!

    ReplyDelete