Thursday, October 30, 2014

How Long Are We Parents?

So I'm already thinking that I may turn out to be the kind of dad who's gonna be spending a whole lot of time at home with you. I've realized that I'm at a point where I barely stay up through an entire movie let alone stay up through a party that ends at 6am. Your uncle Rudy can have that! Lol
But really, all I do is go to the movies and out to eat with mommy and I occasionally hang out with your uncles til it's way too late and come home. And quite frankly, I love it. I don't party too much any more cause I'm tired of the crowds, the music sucks and I've always felt that $13 is way too much for a shot glass of liquor and 2 cups full of juice. Lol.

Honestly since I've known that you're coming I've been trying to brush up on all the things I've forgotten that I learned in elementary. I think about it and I realize rather than go out and do all the same things I'm already tired of, I rather stay home and be your teacher. I'd rather teach you all that I can while I can. I wanna hang with you and teach you everything from basic math (because the basic level is all I'm good at anyway lol) to knock knock jokes. I wanna teach you about the world as I see it and show you how it's constantly changing. Think about it, by the time you can read this me and Mommy's life will have already changed tremendously just from having you alone. But I wanna teach you about my favorite musician Bob Marley, my favorite rappers, the kind of art I like and I even wanna teach you when boys are running game on you. And trust me they gonna run game! Lol. I want us to work on your penmanship because I truly hate chicken scratch handwriting! You'll see what I mean when we leave your first Doctors appointment.

I think of all this and I think to myself. I HAVE to teach you all these things. Not only because it's my job to ensure that you are a well taught well behaved person in society, but really How long is anyone really a parent. Naturally as you already know we'll be your parents until there is not a single breath left in our lungs. But really how long before you make your first friend? Imaginary or otherwise? How long before we have to put you in school and you have outside influences other than Mommy, daddy and your family? How long before you're physically too big to carry and coddle? Really it's not that long so I have to make sure that the core of who you are is strong.

With that said back to brushin up on fractions and stuff lol. Love you baby.

FFZ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment